and a little bit about me too!

Sunday 8 February 2009

Busy Morning!






Well , I started today as I normally do at the weekend with my laptop on my lap, toast and coffee, determined to seek out new and lovely blogs. I must admit that I am addicted, completely. Looking at all of your lovely homes and projects just fills me with inspiration, so what do you think I decided to make this morning.....a Union Jack Cushion.

Now as usual, I rush around like a mad woman, and it isn't perfect in anyway but I ended up quite pleased with the result. Even Mr M liked it ( between you and me I don't know whether he is absolutely convinced about my shabby chic obsessions)
I mean I was sat on a Saturday night Crocheting, not the most edgy thing to be doing...but do you know, I love it! I love making things, so I don't care!

Well I'm trying to resist buying a Stanley Wallet on the CK site, they have been reduced to £15 now, do you think that is expensive? I just don't know? Can I live without it????

One thing I wish she would make is a filofax, I love diaries, So heres a plee to Mrs Kidston ...Pllleeassee make a lovely olicloth filofaxy diary?????

So here are some pictures of the cushion, just made this morning....just don't look tooo closely

Have a happy Sunday

Love Sam and Silkie who is having her 3rd Big sleep for the day xxx

oh and I had to post a picture of 'The Sue' too xx

16 comments:

Willow said...

Hi Sam, I think your cushion looks great! the fabric is really pretty - I really must get my sewing machine out - like you say, there are so many inspirational blogs out there. I seem to start most of my days with laptop on my knee & a cuppa too!! (After I've been out to feed the hens in my dressing gown, coat, socks & pink clogs!!)

What a beautiful photo of Silkie Sue - she looks so peaceful .... Tom's day has consisted of one long sleep on my daughter's bed, with his nose up against the radiator!

Willow xx

Shabby Chick said...

Gorgeous picture of The Sue, I love cats. Your cushion looks fab, I've made one union jack cushion but I'd like to make another one day.

Mel xxx

Unknown said...

Lovely Cushion!! I know what you mean though about the Crocheting! I spend hours at mine and then the next morning wonder why I have a pain in my neck....too much head down and crocheting for all I am worth!! Andrea x

Flossie and Tom said...

Love the cusion - thats brilliant.

I sometimes feel a bit of an old fogey as well with my crochet and sewing - but then my ebay and blogging obsession reminds me that I am actually cool and hip !!! LOL

Sara
XX

Thecraftytrundler said...

Love the cushion, you have been busy, & crafty.
You know the CK filofax you would like (the one they don't do yet). Well I was thinking - could you try buying a filofax, getting some CK oilcloth & covering it with that?
If you lived nearer, I'd love to try that for you. It certainly would be a lot cheaper, and no one else would have one.

Happy Blogging : )

Sharon xx

Josie-Mary said...

Lovely sewing machine... the cushion looks great. I feel old sometimes with my crocheting.... normally when we watch the waltons & I'm doing my granny square blanket!! My OH used to be in a well known local punk band in the 80's..... it's all very hush hush that we like the waltons ....LOL!!! :)

Bobo Bun said...

Fantastic sewing machine. Your cushion looks great too.

Mrs Bun

MrsL said...

Love the cushion! I might need to make one of those.

Nice blog, just found it.

MrsL

xx

Hen said...

I love your sewing machine, it's great.
Silkie Sue is looking very content. I really wish I could get in as much sleep as my cats...
Hen x

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

love the cushion :-) having only just found crochet i am loving it and will quite happily give up my evenings to making flowers which is all i can do :-D
oh to be a cat...................
Lesley x

Emily said...

I love your sewing machine!!

Hollypop's said...

You're right there. It's sooo frustrating, still its good to have a friend who will let me use hers to catch up.
Love the cushion, very pretty. Glad to hear the crocheting is still going on.
Take care
Nickyx

Tinyholder said...

Hiya, I LOVE it all! :-)

I think we must have the same taste because it's all the things I like! Did you make the blanket? If so you are very clever! I love the bright colours. You see so many blogs where people are crocheting in muted colours and I think I would do that in pink, green, blue, red, yellow etc.

Thank you so much!

Sian x

Tinyholder said...

You know Hen's diary covers...I was thinking of having a go at making one tomorrow (got day off). If it works I'll let you know! :-)

Shsjndkdns said...

Cushion looks fab, much better than my attempt. Love all your crochet too xx

Deravelled Gem said...

Fab cushion!! And what a colourful granny square! I did have a quick go at trying to learn crochet the other day, but then had to give up, as the Moomin was tugging on the yarn!! I think I need to wait till she's asleep before trying again. :)

Gemma x x

The Red Shoes

The Red Shoes
Cath Kidston is too Much