and a little bit about me too!

Sunday 12 April 2009

A Mini Break and trip to the Theatre....


Happy Easter !
Me and Mr M have just returned from the big smoke, and what fun we had!
Friday, we went to the O2 to see Stars Wars..played by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Saturday, The Tower of London, followed by a meal out and then....the most amazing Theatre experience you could want.

We went to see...The Woman in Black.

Wow!

If you haven't read the story (Its by Susan Hill) and you like something a bit, well a lot spooky then this is for you!
Its about a young solicitor who is instructed to sort the affairs out of an old spinster lady whose house is on a causeway, sometimes blocked by the tide...I won't say any more as Its a brilliant story!

And here I am cooking us a bit of T, waiting for Murder at the Gallop (an old Miss Marple film) and thought I would do a spot of blogging.

Also, don't forget...please leave a message by the end of tomorrow for the Freestyle blog swap!
Thrilled to bits with the response...


Don't eat too many eggs!!
Love Sam xx

8 comments:

Emily said...

I am going to have to look into that book. It sounds fabulous. Have a Happy Easter!

Willow said...

It sounds like you've had a wonderful weekend - I love going to the theatre, but don't get there often enough these days! Hope Silkie Sue didn't miss you too much?!

Willow xx

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Going to the theatre is a nice treat! Enjoy the rest of the Easter weekend.
Isabelle x

Bobo Bun said...

Sounds a wonderful weekend. Margaret Rutherford as Miss Marple is the stuff of cosy dreams. Hope you enjoyed.

Saw the same play years ago, still gives me the creeps.

Lisa x

Clare said...

Saw 'Woman in Black' with nearly 100 13/14 yr olds in Bath a couple of years ago (school trip as a teacher...not because I really wanted to go with them!!)and it was fantastic..I can still hear the kids screaming!!!!
Clare

Shabby Chick said...

That play sounds brilliant, just the kind of thing I'd enjoy! I doubt I'll get to London again in the next 10 years so I must read the book :)

Mel xxx

Poppy said...

I’m not very good at spooky but I will have a look at the book, thanks for sharing, it sounds like you had a lovely time.
Love Lou xxx

Shabby Chick said...

Just popping in to say maybe I am a bit sad but I'm really looking forward to finding out who's swapping with who later!!!!!!!!

M xxx

The Red Shoes

The Red Shoes
Cath Kidston is too Much