and a little bit about me too!

Sunday 13 December 2009

Collecting...





I keep things...silly things that to alot of other people would be rubbish, tossed away, forgotten about. I look for the things that were once loved and forgotten about..and I rescue them..small things, like sweet little vintage christmas decorations, that end up in a box of tat in a charity shop, but with some luck, I come along and with my rumaging head and give them a new home.

I have kept the little bottle of champagne that Mr M bought me when I got my in house artist job....all of the letters that I have ever received and stashed them away in old suitcases, ready for a rainy day when I want to read some some again, old moth eaten toys...

And I keep adding to my collection of stuff...what do you collect?

Sam xx

6 comments:

Willow said...

Glad I'm not the only one who squirrels things away! I've got a box of old bits & bobs from when I was a teenager ... photos, letters, newspaper clippings, bus & cinema tickets from 1st dates etc! champagne corks from special times ... all with the dates on. Once in a while I get this box out and spend an afternoon reminiscing - I love it!

I also can't resist pretty tea cups, and knitted/preloved toys for my son's collection!

Lovely to see your collection, Sam - especially the teddies!

Lyn said...

I collect 'mess' no matter how much I try and tidy it never seems to go away!
Love
Lyn
xxx

Country Cottage Chic said...

I've always kept special things which is why I still have so many of my childhood toys, books & ornaments. I have boxes and tind and suitcases full of little things that I have found over the years, cards & letters too.

Glad I'm not the only one!

Jayne

made with love said...

Special things for me too. I even have champagne corks from my 18th, 21st, and my wedding day.
Rachael XX

Emily said...

Very sweet. It's nice that you save these little remembrances of your special times.

jo said...

I keep rubbish as hubby says. I even have an old seatng plan of my classroom when I was at Junior school!

The Red Shoes

The Red Shoes
Cath Kidston is too Much