and a little bit about me too!

Friday 3 July 2009

A little Confession..


I have been thinking about dark, spooky autumy evenings...the smell of bonfires in the air....Halloween....

It happens to me every year, about now, as I'm now officially fed up of the hot stifling evenings, which to be honest last weekend made me feel really odd. You seen the thing is, is that i just LOVE Halloween, Bonfire night and Christmas, snuggly evenings in, warm thick fluffy duvets...spooky black and white films..fairy lights...

So, I think I will just have to start sneeking a few of my fav films on like Practical Magic whilst watching for the first signs of autumn!

I've had a busy week this week, Mr M's nephew has been to stay for work experience, its been a busy week at work, and its incredibly hot in the studio. But, all is well, everyone is happy so theres nothing to complain about.

I have been busy on a little project for a fellow blogger...with my trusty paintbrush which has been fun, and to be honest my fabric stash has more or less used up, so no sewing for me at the mo...but I don't mind!

So anyway, happy weekend to you
enjoy the warm weather xx

Sam xx

7 comments:

Josie-Mary said...

I love that time of year too, I'm enjoying the sunshine at the moment but give me a few more weeks of it & it'll be a different story!!! Let just say I've got a wooly jumper figure not a bikini figure!!! :)

Hen said...

how is Silkie Sue coping with the heat? Our furry friends are very unimpressed indeed. Tie to augment the fabric stash...?!
Hen x

Beki said...

It's 11.45pm and i'm feeling the need to put Practical Magic on now, thanks (said with sarcasm) lol!
I love that film, definately up there with my faves.
Like you, I love the Autumn and Winter months and all the celebrations that come with them, including my birthday 'hehe'.
Have a great weekend
((hugs))
Beki xxx

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

I'm with you too, I can't bare the sunshine I have to be honest!! I spend more time indoors in this weather than I do in the Winter!

Victoria xx

Clare said...

Quite agree..I can't bear the heat, give me a cold,crisp day and I'm far more happy. Halloween is super round here everyone really takes part and its great fun...roll on Autumn, baa humbug!

Pink Feather Paradise said...

I am also not a lover of the heat, humidity and hot baking sunshine... hesterday was better as there was plenty of cloud cover...

I love the Autumn... the colours and the promise of chillier days to come... fabulous!

Practical magic... very good film!

XAlex

RR said...

i know exactly what you mean!

when it started hailing with rain and it got all dark yesterday i couldnt have been happier...all these bright summery days arent my cuppa tea at all!

rachel
x

The Red Shoes

The Red Shoes
Cath Kidston is too Much