and a little bit about me too!

Monday 5 September 2011

The Enchanted Forest...(and other things)


Yesterday afternoon, after a 20 minute drive, after getting a bit stressed as we couldn't find parking we visited Enid Blytons Enchanted Forest, otherwise known as Savernake Forest..



I wish I had more battery power on my phone to take more photos..but I was a little nervous, as we saw only 4 people and wanted to keep the power on my phone..just in case!...The trees here are incredible...and we went off the paths too...I will be going back again armed with more battery power for photos...it will be really beautiful when the autumn is in full flow..and guess what...apparently its a haunted forest....at one point there where NO birds singing...seriously!


I have had a little bit of a splurge in the charity shops lately..check out my lovely old mantle clock..


and the sewing machine is out again..wonder what I'm making..


also got an amazing vintage print of Kim Novak from Bell Book and Candle..


and a vintage Bush radio for £15!


Silkie was pleased...she loves a bit of old tat..

Happy Monday!
Love Sam x

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Is that really where Enid Blyton got the inspiration for her Enchanted Wood books? Oh wow. I love reading those with the children! :o)

Mister Hooper said...

You have missed a calling as a personal shopper for shabby-chic-ers I reckons

JoJo said...

I am LOVING that old radio! Looks like you are settling in nicely to your new digs!

The Red Shoes

The Red Shoes
Cath Kidston is too Much