and a little bit about me too!

Saturday 13 November 2010

Bargins and Baubles...

Is it me, or is Christmas this year getting here quicker?
Seriously, I'm sure years ago, Halloween was ages away from Christmas...but this year it seems too close?

Do you know what I mean?
And ooo with that comes the yearly Christmas Anxiety...yep its just starting creeping in..

The pressure for a christmas to be like this.....


When its more like this!...( good ole Bridget!)


Stuffed and a bit tipsy, sat on the sofa..

I think its my own fault really, looking at all the posh Christmas mags..and looking about on websites....arghhhhhhhhhhhh...

So heres a challenge, say No to feeling Christmas Pressure...

If you want to sit in your jimjams, thats fine by me...and let your home get messy too, yay!
and lets bring on un-coordinated Christmas Dec's too...

After all its just one day isn't it?

Any way...enough of that...we've still got a few weeks left!

Now heres onto the first bargain of the week..

Mulberry ish Leather Alexa bag..£30 squid Ebay...



Vintage Hidesign Satchel...for Mr M..£5.00 (Charity Shop)



And (not a bargain) but a wonderful pressi from Mr M...an original sculpture, by Joanne Cooke..my very own doggy..

He will keep and eye on Miss Sue, when we are at workxx


I keep expecting him to move...

Happy unstressy Saturday Bloggers

Love Sam xx

5 comments:

Scented Sweetpeas said...

What a fab idea to have a jimmy day on Christmas day, that sounds bliss :-) Fab buys!

Lyn said...

You do like your bags don't you Sam?! I am with you, jim jams and chocolate for me, in amongst the plaster and brick dust!
love
Lyn
xxx

JoJo said...

I used to go all out w/ decorating and baking and there was always that let down at around 12 Noon on Christmas Day. Sort of like, 'so this is it?' lol I think I mentioned we haven't decorated in a few years. It's been liberating.

word verif: pamshea

Sabine said...

Every year, I repeat to myself: "Next year, I'll disappear from the earth 3 days before and after Christmas, no family meals to prepare, no shopping, no decorations...." and every year I find myself sweating in the kitchen and trying to get my house prepared.
But I had a quiet night at home on New Year's Eve last year...so I guess I'm learning.

A Farmers Wife said...

Oh god i agree Sam! too true, im a little sad this year as well as ive been reading today about everyone's lovely family xmas traditions, yet this year my girls will be at their daddy's on xmas eve and xmas morning...it'll just have to be me and Mr P and our little 'bump' snuggling together with maybe a glass of bucks fizz....hmm, god im emotional now, these blimmin pregnancy hormones are unwanted!

Less xmas pressure is alright with me xxxx

The Red Shoes

The Red Shoes
Cath Kidston is too Much