and a little bit about me too!

Thursday 19 January 2012

I want...

oooo theres always something I'm lusting after...Gary Oldman...(Sorry husband)..seriously I am obsessed with all things vintage, in particular things I remember from years ago. I have such fond memories of my childhood, especially up until the age of about 12..then we moved and senior school happened which was a complete trauma for me..but I won't bore you with that. Anyhoo..I can remember things vividly, things, objects, cups, saucers..and I keep my eyes peeled on ebay for bits and bobs.
I have to blame 'flickr' for some of the things that have been added to my never ending list. (Now I know I do get some visitors from abroad so please forgive me as I don't think this will mean much to you!)
Somebody has loaded up the entire catalogue of ARGOS from 1976, 1985 and 1986.  For those of you who are not familar with 'The Argos' catalogue, it basically sells everything you can think of from wine glasses to golf clubs, and these retro editions are right out of my past!!
And this weeks obsession is finding a red folding kitchen chair..which acts as steps too..but I think this is going to be very difficult to find...especially cheaply!!
Anyway dear bloggers..if you fancy a bit of nostalgia check the old argos books out on flickr!
Sam xx
PS the above vintage advert isn't from the Argos book...it was never that well illustrated!!

3 comments:

JoJo said...

You should join Pinterest.com and pin all the things you like in one place. It's pretty cool.

val said...

I've seen the 1986 Argos catalogue, and the most amazing thing to me was how little the prices of electricals has increased - in some cases they are cheaper now, and of course, you get a lot more TV for your money today!

Mister Hooper said...

http://www.stacksandstacks.com/retro-step-stool-chair-chrome-and-vinyl

The Red Shoes

The Red Shoes
Cath Kidston is too Much