and a little bit about me too!

Tuesday 2 August 2011

The Birds...

I have to get one of these..some how..


Barbie have released a collectable 'Melanie' Doll from The Birds.. I think they were released a couple of years ago..how did I miss this?


Now The Birds is one of my all time favourite films.. I just love every thing about it and I can watch it over and over again.

Because of my love of old films and movie stars I have decided to start collecting old movie star autographs too.. ( I only have one right now..an original Kim Novak autograph..on a black and white photo)

So in our living room, in a beautiful old art deco display cabinet, I want to start putting all my old movie bits and bobs..

You can get a wicked witch Barbie too..



I loved my Sindy and Pippa dolls, but these Barbie Dolls are AMAZING!!

There are so many things I want to collect... I have quite a collection of old movies, from the old ealing films..like The Dead of Night...to the Dirty Harry movies with Clint Eastwood, and the old disaster films like the Towering Inferno..

Now before I forget, I really want to recommend this movie..

Have you seen it?...

Pandora and the Flying Dutchman.. all I can say is WOW...Its actually available to watch on You Tube..but I just had to order it on DVD...

You MUST watch it, Ava Gardner is breathtaking...

So heres to the old stars of the silver screen and collecting stuff...what do you collect dear bloggers?

Nighty night

Love Sam xx

1 comment:

JoJo said...

I've been up to Bodega many times, where The Birds was filmed and I have pictures of the old schoolhouse. The only thing is that the water/coast isn't really at the bottom of the hill from the schoolhouse. The road is at the bottom and the coast is several miles away.

The Red Shoes

The Red Shoes
Cath Kidston is too Much